Monday, February 27, 2012

Savannah in February..

One of the parks on Bay St. in Savannah


Each February for my birthday, my husband and I spend President's Day Weekend in Savannah, Georgia.  It is my husband's birth place and to me it is everything I never knew I wanted.  The squares, the stores, the history, and the people.  

Whenever we are in Savannah, one of the places we like to frequent is Savannah Smiles, a dueling Piano Bar.  It is energetic and fun and most weekend nights you will find bachelorette party or a group of friends celebrating birthdays or anniversaries.  The only criticism I have is that it is a $5.00 cover and they run $50.00 on your credit card when you run a tab.  But that aside, I enjoy every moment while I am there.

Dinner on the Waterfront can be fun, and this time around we visited The Chart House for an early dinner.  We did not have reservations so we had to eat in the lounge area which had table service.  The food was good (and expensive) but we did leave very full.  The service was good, atmosphere is nice but at the end of the night when we received our check, the waitress tried to sell us the restaurant's frequent diner's membership for $ 25.00.  I have to tell you, after spending $ 125.00 on dinner for two the last thing I wanted to do is tack on another $25.00 for a points program.  The waitress was a bit aggressive about it, enough to make it so I would never go back just so I never have to experience that sales pitch again after dinner.

Has anyone ever experienced a good restaurant just to have it ruined by a sales pitch?  

No comments:

Post a Comment